A Special Outdoor Film Premiere of NIGHT ON SIXTH & Comedy Standup Preshow by Yola Lu and Tai Nguyen
Austin Asian American Film Festival and the Long Center present a special outdoor film premiere of Mohit Jaswal’s NIGHT ON SIXTH. Join us for a comedy standup pre-show by Yola Lu and Tai Nguyen and a screening of the film as we celebrate a locally filmed Asian American gem.
PLEASE NOTE: AAAFF Virtual Film Pass does not include entry to our drive-in and special events.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The start time is 7:30pm. Doors open at 6:30pm.
- The comedy standup pre-show by Yola Lu and Tai Nguyen begins at 7:30pm.
- The film will be followed by a cast & crew Q&A.
- We recommend bringing your collapsible chair or blanket for comfort.
- The health and safety of our guests and staff is a top priority. You will need to pass a Health and Wellness check upon entry and we ask that you please wear a mask unless you’re eating or drinking in your seat.
- Concessions will be available to purchase on-site. No outside food or drinks are permitted.
- Pets are not permitted for this show.
ABOUT NIGHT ON SIXTH
As people, we are constantly thinking about our decisions, how we ended up in our current predicaments, what we have, and what we don’t. We often wonder if something is missing from our lives, or if the things we want are still attainable. In Mohit Jaswal’s NIGHT ON SIXTH, Yola (Yola Lu) has all of these thoughts, and more swirling around in her head. While out with her friends, she impulsively decides to ditch them and yearns to escape, if only for the evening. During her journey around Austin, she meets new and interesting people which leads her to question everything. A charming, funny, and sometimes poignant film, NIGHT ON SIXTH delivers a sweet and grounded story about connection.