To apply for a current job listing, please email cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
VP of Live Arts & Community Outreach
The Long Center seeks a Vice President of Live Arts & Community Outreach who will be an inspiring leader and collaborative and active member of Austin’s dynamic, celebrated Live Arts Community
Reporting to the President & CEO and serving as an integral member of the executive team, The Vice President of Live Arts and Community Outreach has primary responsibility for creating and executing a programming and outreach strategy that aligns with the organization’s vision and is fully integrated into and supportive of the unique arts and cultural ecology of Austin. The Vice President of Live Arts & Community Outreach develops, manages and implements all of the Long Center’s live arts, education and community outreach programming and initiatives. This position builds and maintains vital partnerships with the City of Austin and local cultural organizations and programmatic partners including the founding resident and resident company relationships. The Vice President of Live Arts & Community Outreach will lead a team of experienced professionals to cultivate seamless collaboration internally and throughout our community while building programs and events that reflect the vibrancy, diversity and trailblazing spirit of Austin.
The successful candidate will be a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic leader with experience programming for a broad spectrum of venues and audiences. He/she will have demonstrated success in creating relevant and meaningful education and outreach initiatives and building strong local and national partnerships. While it is essential that the VP of Live Arts and Community Outreach brings financial acumen and a focus on sustainable solutions to the position, is it also critical that he/she lead his/her team to retain the creative spark and focus on mission that drives the Long Center.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Serve as a key member of the Long Center’s executive leadership team assisting in setting vision, structure and policy for the entire organization.
- Contribute to the development of the Long Center’s strategic goals and objectives as well as creation and management of the strategic business plan for all aspects of programming, education and community outreach.
- Represent the organization externally and effectively communicate our mission and artistic vision.
Lead Live Arts and Community Outreach
- Lead a programming team to research, evaluate risk, curate, and contract artists for the Long Center, creating a robust live arts calendar of experiences which engages the variety of audiences in Austin’s highly competitive market throughout our multiple venues.
- Work with in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, Development and Operations colleagues to assure effective fundraising, ticket sales, and execution of all events.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for our education and community programs to ensure that we are living our vision that All Austinites deserve access to world-class arts and cultural experiences.
Key Partner Cultivation
- Serves an ambassador to and advocate for the Austin arts and culture community.
- Cultivate collaboration with other presenters, promoters and cultural organizations.
- Maintain key civic relationships including partnerships with City of Austin staff and elected officials.
- Understand the local arts ecology and develop strong alliances with local artists.
- Cultivate key national and international industry relationships in the live arts field.
Lead Programming and Outreach Department
- Hire, train and supervise a dynamic multidisciplinary team of programming professionals, articulating artistic vision, directing the development of a cohesive season, and encouraging collaboration.
- Serve as a strong manager and mentor for programming and education colleagues.
- Help to set and cultivate a positive and inclusive company culture.
- Develop, monitor and forecast live arts, community and education program budgets.
- Support fiscal goals of the organization and support the development of prudent strategies towards sustainable growth.
Sales & Marketing Director
Summary: The Sales & Marketing Director supports the Marketing team and reports directly to the CMO, as the keepr of the brand. Oversees all aspects of the Long Center’s marketing activities; both long-range and day-to-day.
- Working directly with the CMO, continue to evolve brand strategy and standards for the Long Center’s vision and mission.
- Oversee the brand compliance of all Long Center marketing and communication materials, to drive consistency across all communication channels on and off premise.
- Oversee all communication plans with marketing team, for the benefit of building brand awareness in the community and expanding to new audiences.
- Establish marketing partnerships and develop relationships with media representatives in the Greater Austin community.
- Develop brand strategies with internal departments, including Philanthropy, Strategic Partnerships and Education.
Sales and Ticketing
- Collaborate with Ticketing and Programming to set sales goals for Long Center Presents programming.
- Monitors sales goals with Ticketing and Programming team to adjust sales strategies that aid in reaching show-ticketing goals.
- Supervises implementation of marketing plans for LCP programming and LC branding with internal teams and external partners.
- Ensure deliverables are managed both on-time and in-budget.
- Supervise marketing staff in the development and execution of all creative campaigns.
- Inspire and manage a team of curious staffers by establishing a vision, evaluating and pushing the work, and driving accountability and execution.
- Build internal team alignment and relationship across the enterprise; ensure internal strategic and executional alignment with key stakeholders.
- Manage annual marketing budget.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in marketing preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant, progressive marketing experience.
- Supervisory experience: 5+ years directly managing at least 5 people.
- Passion for marketing: you genuinely love the field you’re in.
- Self-motivated: You are constantly honing your craft and investing in your self-development.
- Excellent writing skills: you are a persuasive copywriter and have samples to show for it.
- Excellent organizational skills: you are able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Adaptable: you thrive in a fast-paced growth environment and handle change well.
- Self-starter: you identify opportunities for improvement and act on them.
- Ethics: treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Summary:The The House Manager reports to the Director of Event Experience, and along with the entire Long Center staff, supports a service culture devoted to creating unparalleled, safe, and positive experiences for all guests and clients of the Long Center.
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret procedure manuals and pre- and post-show reports, programs, or event instructions.
- Ability to present information effectively, solve problems and respond to questions from individuals or groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other general database software, and the ability to learn and use the TLC Scheduling system and the payroll timekeeping system.
- Availability to work night, weekend and holiday shifts as necessary at least once per month.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the oversight and management of all Front of House activities and venues, including non-performance spaces and patron areas of theatre.
- Manage the public/patron interface of the Long Center and ensure that its image is maintained to the highest standards always.
- Supervise and manage a team of Long Center Volunteers assigned to an event or a position for an event and assist in their orientation, supervision and evaluation.
- Following Long Center protocol, determine and initiate appropriate response in the event of any public safety, health or security problem.
- Report on all incidents involving patrons, staff, volunteers or performers that have safety, injury, liability or security implications.
- Coordinate activities (timing, intermissions) with Manager on Duty (MOD).
- When required, manage merchandise placement, sales, and settlement activities.
- Respond to patron complaints in a calm, professional, courteous, and positive manner.
- Inspect and prepare the lobbies and all support areas as necessary for public use.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Identify and follow Long Center policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; support organization’s goals and values; benefit organization through outside activities; support affirmative action and respect diversity.
- React well under pressure; manage several responsibilities at once; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follow through on commitments.
- Ability to lift items weighting up to 50 pounds, and can stand for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work outdoor positions in inclement weather.