Congratulations! You have been nominated by your school as a student scholarship applicant for the Greater Austin High School Musical Theatre Awards Scholarship Program! Ten Seniors will each be awarded $1000 at the Awards Ceremony in April. Please complete this application process in order to be considered for one of the college scholarships.
- You may submit the application online. Fill out the form below and be sure to upload all the necessary documentation. This year, the essay is a video submission.
Be sure you have the following documents prepared, and attach them where indicated below:
- Academic Record: copy of student transcript or academic record.
- Student Essay: Answer the prompt on video. Video should be between 2 and 2.5 minutes.
Prompt: How have the performing arts impacted your high school career and how have they prepared you for the future?
Feel free to use a phone or computer to record. There is no need to spend money on this. We do suggest that you do a test run to be sure you are happy with the lighting, sound, and frame. And be sure to watch the video before uploading.
- Proof of Acceptance: to an accredited institution of higher learning.*
- Resume: List your performing arts experience (in school and professionally). Be sure to list “Show,” “Role/Job,” “Theatre Name,” and “Year.” Include any experiences that you feel are relevant to this application including, but not limited to: awards, honors, extra-curricular activities and community involvement.
*If you have yet to receive your proof of acceptance you may instead submit a list of institutions you’ve applied to.
Applications must be received by 5:00pm on their due date. All applications must be submitted electronically.