- Tue, Jun. 11
- Tue, Jun. 18
- Tue, Jul. 9
- Tue, Jul. 16
- Tue, Aug. 13
The Long Center is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit dedicated to broadening the appreciation and enhancing the enjoyment of the cultural arts.
The Long Center and Ballet Austin’s Butler Community School present Rhythm on Stage, a part of All Summer Long at the Long Center.
You salsa-ed, you swung, you even did Bollywood! This Summer, we’re excited to bring our friends from the Butler Community School at Ballet Austin to the stage as we take on even more styles of dance; Brazilian, West African, Broadway, Bollywood, & Hip-Hop. As always, we’ll start with a lesson, and then dance the night away with our friends & fellow Austinites. Whether you’ve never taken center stage, or you’re an old pro, all are guaranteed to have a ball!
- June 11: Brazilian Dance w/ Rebekah Fowler and Michael Crockett, host of Horizontes, KUTX-FM’s Friday afternoon Brazilian & Latin music program.
- June 18: West African Dance w/ Jean Claude Lessou
- July 9: Broadway Theatre Dance (“ONE” from Chorus Line) w/ Vincent Sandoval
- July 16: Bollywood Dance w/ Prakash Mohandas
- August 13: Hip-Hop Dance with Shepherd Allen
We’ll kick things off each night at 7pm and go until about 10pm (all dates are Tuesdays).
Questions? Call the 3M Box Office at (512) 474-LONG (5664), TTY (800) 735-2989.